20110107

Best Shots From 2010

Background Music: Explosions In the Sky - First Breath After Coma

in the year 2010, i hit several new photography hallmarks.

first of all, i started shooting in RAW, and it gave me huge amounts of options to photo editing as well as photo salvaging. 2010 also saw me finally starting a 365 days project after many many many months of contemplation - and although it may seem a tad peculiar to start the project in the middle of the year, i find that this project has been beneficial to my photography skills, at least in trying to find a slightly more interesting point of view to tell the story of my photos. i've also accepted several requests to shoot graduation portraitures and a birthday party - these experiences are rather interesting because i don't usually tell people how to look here or there and pose, which was an eye opening experience for me. and the fact that people have asked for my help is absolutely flattering and gratifying because i'm glad that i have somewhat developed my photography skills to a certain accepted level since i started out two years ago.

it was also the year i briefly mentored two of my best friends, Chou Min and Chew, into becoming DSLR users themselves - each of them developing their own set of skills and subjects to photograph. feeding off the two and other slew of photographer friends, i.e. Iman, Zet, Alicia, and Chloe, and especially off of Flickr and its thousands of film photogs, i started seeing the world differently and how everything has potential for a good photo. 2010 also saw me delving into film photography, particularly lomography, and though i'm merely at the tip of the iceberg in this niche of film photography, i believe that 2011 will be the year i expand my knowledge further into this niche.

right now, i'm still finding ways to improve myself, especially with my 365 days project. 2011 will be the year i spread my wings further - delving deeper into the pretentious waters of film photography, and hopefully finally submitting a photo or two to some photography magazine? so here i present to you 12 of my favourite shots from 2010 in no particular order and a bonus usage of photoshop favourite!

Photobucket
1. Mothafuckaaaaa

Photobucket
2. Untitled

Photobucket
3. They don't sleep on the beach anymore

Photobucket
4. Walk hard

Photobucket
5. Khai Fen

Photobucket
6. Tak cukup-cukup main dengan choking hazard

Photobucket
7. Enjoy camera life

Photobucket
8. Who are they?

Photobucket
9. What's going on herrrrrrrrre 2

Photobucket
10. The sound of silence as the neon lights hit your skin

Photobucket
11. Angeline

Photobucket
12. Intimacy

and my favourite use of a photoshop filter!

Photobucket
Elevator (CCTV ver.)

No comments:

Post a Comment