20111213

13 Dec.

Photobucket
Paradigm shift

i was lying face down on my bed, thinking about doing something for the next 15 minutes before lunch. that was when i thought about last year's photo book, so i spent the next three minutes flipping through it. the phrase "magnum opus" flew past my brain and i realized how soon it is to call any of my photos my magnum opus. i haven't been taking photos that long, and i sure haven't quite nailed down a particular visual style in my art yet. but looking through my old photos, i can see the embryonic stage of some kind of style which hasn't made it on ink and paper yet, so i thought about how i should DIY my own photo book from scratch. judging from my procurement of new cameras and my foray into film, i'm pretty confident that i have enough material from this year to compile into a small photo book, once again. there's definitely been a major paradigm shift in my medium of photography for the past year, and i can definitely grasp a theme and concept.

then i thought about finishing my current roll of film after lunch, when the weather started acting strange and i decided to postpone my little photo walk to tomorrow morning in favor of Suzumiya Haruhi.

No comments:

Post a Comment