20111227

26 Dec.

Photobucket
Christmas present

there was this mad scramble to get Christmas presents and i haven't felt that rush since i stopped buying birthday presents for her. but the feeling of giving a gift absolutely trumps all the worries about whether the recipient will like the present or not. provided that it was done right. there was something missing when i handed her all my gifts to her. i never quite knew if she actually liked any of the gifts i gave her, though there was once where she liked the birthday card so much because it mentioned god and Jesus or something. maybe it was a very one-sided exchange - i've only ever received one gift from her, and the years after were just hand shakes and well wishes. in the end, i never knew her that well, and neither did she about me.

for me, the real pleasure of giving gifts is knowing what the recipient wants, and making the effort to look for it. i don't see myself as the best present giver, but i try my hardest to make my recipients really happy when they unwrap their present(s). it's the least i can do after all they have done for me.

2 comments:

  1. We should have Boxing Day dinner again next year. It's fun to meet with old friends and we usually don't get to meet up as often as we like to

    ReplyDelete
  2. well it's been going strong two years in a row. that's a good start

    ReplyDelete