20111206

6 Dec.

Photobucket
Indefatigable

when i woke up today, i had my whole day planned out (except for lunch) and i was pretty sure i was going to get a picture of my odometer at 66,666. unfortunately i was driving through a crazy road and this was the best i could manage without crashing. it would've made this entry mean a lot more, as hitting such a milestone with this car was, for a lack of better words, a milestone. in the end, i let it go and reasoned that a bad picture is better than a car crash.

i was also pretty sure (to a more substantial degree) that today would be the day i complete part of my laboratory work. i'm officially done (for now) and like most milestones i hit in my Masters programme, they fall flat and there's absolutely no catharsis to it. i pack up my laptop charger which i usually leave in the office and go home. i think of my bringing home the charger as a metaphor to "fuck this shit, i'm out of here", but i'm just going to take a few weeks off for Christmas and other various spontaneous self-discovery obligations. for what it's worth, i have reached the halfway mark after a year of false starts, and another year of routine, frustrations, and terrible traffic jams.

getting into my car, putting on my sunglasses, and driving off into the horizon while looking at the rear-view mirror, i am overwhelmed by one absolute feeling. for that drive home, i felt indefatigable.

No comments:

Post a Comment